Have you eaten from your garden yet this spring? If not, it’s high time you plant some edible perennials in your gardens!
Here are plants that we have eaten already this spring:
- Green Onions
- Sweet Cicily (delicious anise-like herb)
- Perennial Fennel (use the fronds as herbs)
- Chives (a classic)
- Lovage (tastes like celery, use as salad green or chopped fine)
- Sorrel (slightly bitter, great to include in salads)
- Wild Leeks (not from the garden, but they are up!)
- Spinach (annual spinach that I sow or let self seed in the fall)
All of these plants can be planted in your community or home garden. They are low maintenance, some produce all season, and right when you are fed up with root vegetables and/or greens from the grocery store these beauties appear in your garden like magic.
Where can you get them? Fiddlehead Nursery in Kimberley. Plus they have tons of other edible perennials, just take a peak at their website!