Sometimes when I’m gardening my hair gets caught in and amongst woody shrubs. It takes 2-3 minutes to free myself, so in that time I recently imagined what sort of instructions I would leave for myself if I was my own gardener.
1) Bravo on the peppers.
2) Enough with the beans already….I think I said this last year.
3) Have you heard of garden hygiene? You’re leaving enough tomato blight in the gardens for 7 generations. Please make sure no blight leaves land on the soil.
4) More potatoes, less beans please.
5) I would really love a rose garden. Wouldn’t it just be lovely?
6) Time to plant the garlic!
7) We should get a load of manure on that veggie garden asap. Only organically fed, local manure please.
8) You’re doing a great job weeding, please keep at it.
9) I couldn’t resist these spring bulbs at the nursery, can you find some space for them? We might have to turn a new bed. I also couldn’t resist the perennial sale…..we’ll have to really find some space.
You should try this, it’s therapeutic. I feel like some of that stuff just got done….by my gardener.