Free Spirit Gardens is a non profit and registered Canadian Charity (# 83567 3310 RR0001) located in Collingwood, Ontario, Canada.
Free Spirit Garden’s mission is to increase the capacity of our community to grow our own food, contributing to the creation of a sustainable food system.
- Make growing your own food status quo
- Make organic, local food accessible to all
- Eliminate our community’s reliance on non-local food
- Use only renewable resources
- Be waste free
- Produce a 100% local diet year round
Free Spirit Gardens was inspired by Matt Code. In the summer of 2010, he decided to rally together some friends who shared a vision of a more sustainable future. Together they created Free Spirit Gardens and began a movement to “transform backyards and community spaces into healthy gardens”.
We all share a vision of a more sustainable future.